47 Life-Changing Books That Will Move You to a Higher Shelf
These 47 life-changing books honestly changed my life. They are a must-read. I absolutely adore each and every one as if they were my own children.
They have inspired me, forced me to look in the mirror, and increased my awareness.
Some chewed me up, spit me out, and taught me what life is all about.
Some were wise. Some were kind. All of them evolved my mind.
I can’t say I have a favorite. I can’t say exactly which one you should start with. It depends where you are in life and which problem vexes you at the moment.
Some were written decades ago, yet their meaning and lesson are still relevant today. Like A Course in Miracles. It is by far the longest book on this list, but don’t let that intimidate you. Even if you skip around and read bits and pieces, it will profoundly affect your life.
You’ll learn key life-lessons from children’s books without any words, like Zoom by Istvan Banyai. It is deep and insightful. Powerful and moving. It shows you how perception changes the meaning of everything.
The astonishing photography in The Art of the Snowflake brings to life that indubitably no two snowflakes are alike. It underscores the fact that if something so simple as frozen water is beautiful, complex, and intricate, then we as humans are equally fascinating. A great book to peruse when you doubt the magic in everyday things.
If you want to dissect your fears and expose your vulnerability, start with Daring Greatly by Dr. Brene Brown.
In The Luck Factor, psychologist Dr. Richard Wiseman puts luck under a scientific microscope for the very first time, examining the different ways in which lucky and unlucky people think and behave. Remarkable studies + fascinating finds. I love his last name is Wiseman. Is that luck?
Lynne McTaggart proves there is a conscious interconnected energy field that rules all life in The Field. Maybe we should call it God. I don’t care. All I know is that I’m ALWAYS seeking proof (damn left brain!), and this book has LOTS of it. It will satisfy the most data-hungry of you.
If you’re a writer & haven’t read War of Art by Steven Pressfield, shame on you. If you’re a human & haven’t read War of Art, tsk, tsk. This book provides invaluable lessons on how to keep your ego in check & your spirit in the driver’s seat. A must-read for any creative-type, real or wannabe.
In Proof of Heaven, Dr. Eben Alexander, a highly intelligent Harvard neurosurgeon, is convinced God doesn’t exist and near-death experiences (NDE) are fantasies. Until he has an NDE and meets God. Of course he does. I suggest renaming this book to: Proof of God Appreciating Irony.
I won’t go into detail on all 47. How about you? What are your favorite life-changing books?
- Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsh
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- Oh the Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss
- Zoom by Istvan Banyai
- Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
- Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- Jesus Life Coach by Laurie Beth Jones
- The Path by Laurie Beth Jones
- You’ll See it When You Believe It by Wayne Dyer
- Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav
- Peace from Broken Pieces by Iyanla Vanzant
- Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
- Social Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau
- Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander
- Map of Heaven by Eben Alexander
- My Stroke on Insight by Jill Bolte Taylor
- A Course in Miracles
- A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson
- Illuminata by Marianne Williamson
- Everyday Grace by Marianne Williamson
- Anatomy of Spirt by Caroline Myss
- The Field by Lynne McTaggart
- The Intention Experiment by Lynne McTaggart
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- Strengthsfinder 2.0 by Marcus Buckingham
- The Power of Validation by Karyn Hall & Melissa Cook
- The Snowflake by Ken Libbrecht
- The Hidden Messages in Water by Masaru Emoto
- The Afterlife Experiments by Gary Schwartz
- The Energy Healing Experiments by Gary Schwartz
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- Founding Fathers on Leadership by Donald Phillips
- Many Lives Many Masters by Brain Weiss
- Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Authentic Happiness by Martin Seligman
- The Universe in a Nutshell by Stephen Hawking
- Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
- Living Buddha Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Be Here Now by Ram Dass
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
- What Should I Do with My Life by Po Bronson
- Broken Open by Elizabeth Lesser
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- The Vein of Gold by Julia Cameron
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- How to Practice by Dalai Lama
- Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnatch
- Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck
- Sacred Contracts by Caroline Myss